Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Congratulations!!!


This is just a little post about my wonderful husband Kurt! It's been about a week since we found out that he passed the Orthodontic National Board exam!!! He took it the end of April and he worked so hard studying for it. For a minute, I thought I was back in dental school. We didn't mind though, since he's been around a ton with his residency. We handled the two weeks of no dad pretty well. And all the hard work paid off. I kept having to remind the girls not to bother dad and make him feel guilty because if he didn't pass, then it would mean more no daddy time....they did pretty well and I think got the picture. Anyway, it was a little anti-climatic opening the letter and reading it to Kurt over the phone. It is pass or fail and after he got done taking the test he was pretty sure he had passed and fortunately he was right! So, I just wanted him to know how very grateful I am to him for all his hard work outside the home and in the home. He couldn't be more patient with the girls and is always willing to lend a hand without me even asking...Kurt and I went out the day he finished his exam and then we waited to find out the results to celebrate with the whole family. We went to Chuck E. Cheese that night...it was perfect for our family! The girls were so excited (especially Annie) about Kurt passing his big test.
Some more exciting news is that we found out they are cutting his program short. The third years aren't that busy and so instead of being done next June, we will be done in February of next year....we are super super excited, just feel like we need to put plans into over drive now. I've got to get the house ready to sell and then Kurt's got to find some opportunity in CO! We love it here and will be so sad to leave, but are very much looking forward to moving closer to family!!!

10 comments:

Annalyn said...

Congratulations!! No daddy time is sure hard - but you always seem to fly by with shining colors! I'm so sad that I didn't even send an email for your birthday...I hope it was happy! That is so exciting to have a ending date in view. How fun to have you one state over!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, indeed! I'm sure it's hard to believe that school, studying, residency and the like will be over in less than a year. I mean, that's been your lives! :) How exciting to really enter the real world. And CO, I'm so jealous!

meg said...

Congrats! So it sounds like you guys living in CO is pretty official---how exciting!

Fisher Family said...

Congrats you guys! That's so exciting. Did you say you're moving to Colorado? Steve just took an interview for a job in Colorado Springs... so happy that you're almost done! Good luck with all the future plans!

Rudy said...

Congratulations Kurrrr! What a long road for you all!

Emily said...

What great news! Good luck with the job hunt!

Angie said...

Congratulations Leah & Kurt! Great news! I bet you are looking forward to settling down for a long time in Colorado, right? I was just wondering about the baby thing... ya know, how your girls are begging your for another one... maybe they know something you don't? :) Any news?

Paige said...

WONDERFUL CONGRATS!!! not surprised but we are very happy for you guys....wow time flies.....I'm so excited for you to be done with school.....good job to both of you!

Christi said...

Congratulations to you guys!! It's always a team effort on those tests...we haven't done it for five years, and now Troy's talking about getting an MBA...fun! Your girls are beautiful- we love girls around here!!!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Congrats to you guys! Especially the mom! You don't know me, but Kurt and I were in the same district in the MTC. Found you via FaceBook. So glad to see your family's success and moving on!
We're good friends with Kip and Kari Davis. He's a dentist here in our town, love that family.
Keep up the good work you guys. Beautiful family!!