So, I know this is a little, well 3 months late, but it still needs to be documented. Kurt graduated from Orthodontic Residency February 26th. There's not a lot of hoopla that goes with it, no ceremony or anything like that. And I have to admit, I was not that excited to go, since the previous year was not that great. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The dinner was at Maggianos and my mom had flown out for that and to help us drive to Colorado the next day. A few of the part time faculty were there and the staff and of course, Dr. M, the director of the program.
Everyone had such nice things to say about Kurt, it was very impressive and very nice. Now, if only I could remember everything. I meant to write it all down, but in the midst of moving somehow forgot.
Dr. M said that Kurt was a natural leader. That he didn't lead by force, but by example, the way a leader should...a silent leader. That he was really able to bring everyone together after a tough go of it. (Dr. L, the old director and Dr. M did not see eye to eye, actually didn't even speak to each other, so it was a rough second year-a definite power struggle between the two men.)
Kurt got up and spoke a little and got choked up. I forget that although there were complaints about the program and some of the residents that this was his life for over 2 1/2 years. He spent day in and day out with these people. It was very touching to see.
It was a very surreal experience for me. It was the end of a wonderful chapter in our lives...school-almost 11 years. I can't explain all the incredible experiences we had, people we met, life long friends we made, opportunities presented before us and all the blessings we received along the way. I know these will all continue, but it will be different. It was definitely a bitter-sweet moment!
1 comment:
congrats! we are finally half way through residency. still have a ways to go!! hope you guys are liking colorado!
Post a Comment